Type A brass male adapter Female thread camlock coupling
Brass cam and groove coupler &adapter made according to standard A-A-59326(original standard Mil-C-27487), size from 1/2″ to 6″.Camlock coupling provides a simple and reliable way to connect and disconnect hoses without any tools during installation. Brass camlock connects PVC hose, tubing, etc., It’s suitable for using in storage tanks, marine refueling systems, pumps, fuel tanks and other occasions. Brass camlock is a good choice, it has good corrosion resistance and long service life, convenient operation,which can save time, tools and manpower.
Brass camlock fitting type A dimension:
body materials: Brass
Gaskets:Buna-N (NBR), EPDM
The thread of camlock fittings are BSP,BSPT,NPT,G (ISO 228.1) and R (DIN2999).
pressure :75-250 Psi( depending on size and temperature)
Operating temperature :-40 to 145ºC
Manufacture method:Forging and casting
Cam and groove couplings use and connection mode: Type B camlock can usually be used with type A, type E, type F, type DP (Dust Plug) of the same size. To make a connection, simply slide the camlock adapter into the camlock coupling and with normal hand pressure, press the cam levers down.
Brass camlock fittings operating pressure
|1/2″ – 2″||250 Psi|
|5″ – 6″||75 psi|
We are experienced as we have been in this industry as a manufacturer for more than 10 years. Both of quality and service are highly guaranteed. Absolutely prompt delivery. We can produce according to specific drawings from customers. Welcome OEM/ODM project. Strict control on quality. High efficient and well trained sale service team. ISO9001, CE and SGS certified.
1.Q: Are you a producer or trading company?
A: We are an experienced manufacturer. We own production line and kinds of machines.
2. Can you make our specific logo on the part?
Yes please provide me your logo and we will make your logo on the part.
3. Can you manufacture products according to my drawings?
Yes we can manufacturer according to client’s drawings if drawings or samples are available. We are experienced enough to make new tools.
4. Q: Can I get some samples?
A: We are honored to offer you our samples. Normally it is for free like 3-5 pcs. It is charged if the samples are more than 5 pcs. Clients bear the freight cost.
5. Q: How many days do you need to finish an order?
A: Normally it takes about 30 days to finish the order. It takes more time around CHINAMFG season, or if the order involves many kinds of different products.
6. what kind of rubber washer do you apply to camlock couplings?
Normally we use NBR gasket.
Factors Influencing the Thermal Performance of a Fluid Coupling
The thermal performance of a fluid coupling, specifically its ability to dissipate heat and maintain operating temperatures within acceptable limits, is influenced by several factors:
- Power Rating: The power rating of the fluid coupling, which indicates its capacity to handle a specific amount of power, affects its thermal performance. Higher power ratings generally result in higher heat generation, so it’s essential to choose a fluid coupling with an adequate power rating for the application.
- Operating Speed: The operating speed of the fluid coupling is a critical factor. Higher speeds can lead to increased heat generation due to friction and viscous losses. It’s essential to consider the operating speed to ensure the fluid coupling can handle the heat produced at the given speed.
- Ambient Temperature: The ambient temperature of the environment in which the fluid coupling operates also plays a role in its thermal performance. Higher ambient temperatures can impact the cooling efficiency and may lead to increased operating temperatures.
- Load Variation: Applications with varying loads can experience changes in heat generation. Fluid couplings used in such systems must be capable of handling the thermal effects of load fluctuations without exceeding temperature limits.
- Cooling Method: The cooling method employed in the fluid coupling design significantly affects its thermal performance. Some fluid couplings use natural convection for cooling, while others incorporate forced cooling methods such as internal or external cooling circuits. The cooling system’s efficiency directly impacts the ability to dissipate heat effectively.
- Fluid Properties: The properties of the fluid inside the coupling, such as viscosity and heat capacity, influence thermal performance. The choice of fluid can affect the amount of heat generated and the efficiency of heat dissipation.
- Operating Time: The duration of operation also affects the thermal behavior of the fluid coupling. Continuous operation or extended duty cycles may lead to higher operating temperatures, requiring careful consideration during selection.
- Proper Maintenance: Regular maintenance, including lubricant inspection and replacement, is crucial for optimal thermal performance. Contaminated or degraded fluid can impact the heat transfer characteristics of the coupling.
It’s essential to consider these factors when selecting a fluid coupling to ensure that it can effectively manage heat generation and maintain safe operating temperatures in the specific application.
Role of Fluid Coupling in Reducing Mechanical Stress on Connected Equipment
A fluid coupling is a mechanical device used to transmit power between two shafts without direct physical contact. It plays a crucial role in reducing mechanical stress on connected equipment, offering several benefits in various industrial applications. Here’s how a fluid coupling achieves this:
- Smooth Power Transmission: Fluid couplings use hydraulic principles to transmit torque. When the input shaft (driving shaft) rotates, it imparts motion to the fluid inside the coupling. The fluid transmits torque to the output shaft (driven shaft) through the hydraulic coupling, resulting in smooth and gradual power transmission. This eliminates sudden jerks and mechanical shocks that could otherwise lead to increased stress on connected equipment.
- Damping Effect: Fluid couplings act as a damping element, absorbing vibrations and torsional oscillations from the driving shaft. This damping effect helps reduce mechanical stress on connected equipment by mitigating the impact of sudden load changes and torsional vibrations that may occur during start-ups, shut-downs, or varying operating conditions.
- Torque Limiting: In high-load situations, a fluid coupling can provide torque limiting capabilities. When the load exceeds a certain threshold, the fluid coupling slips, preventing excessive torque from reaching the driven shaft. This feature acts as a protective mechanism, preventing overloading and mechanical stress on both the coupling and connected equipment.
- Shock Absorption: In applications where shock loads or overloads are common, a fluid coupling can absorb and dampen the impact of such events. This ability to cushion shocks prevents abrupt changes in torque and rotational speed, reducing mechanical stress and potential damage to the equipment.
- Speed Control: In certain applications, fluid couplings can facilitate speed control of the driven shaft by adjusting the amount of fluid in the coupling. The ability to control the speed of connected equipment without abrupt changes contributes to smoother operation and lower mechanical stress.
By incorporating a fluid coupling into a power transmission system, mechanical stress on connected equipment can be significantly reduced, leading to improved equipment reliability, extended component life, and reduced maintenance costs. Fluid couplings are commonly used in heavy machinery, conveyors, crushers, mining equipment, marine propulsion systems, and various other industrial applications where smooth and controlled power transmission is critical.
It is important to select the appropriate fluid coupling size, type, and features based on the specific application requirements to ensure optimal performance and stress reduction. Regular maintenance and adherence to the manufacturer’s guidelines are essential to preserve the benefits of using fluid couplings and maintain their effectiveness in reducing mechanical stress on connected equipment.
Environmental Concerns Related to Fluid Coupling Operation
Fluid couplings are generally considered environmentally friendly and pose minimal direct environmental concerns during their operation. They do not contain hazardous materials or produce harmful emissions, making them a relatively safe choice for power transmission systems.
However, it is essential to consider some potential indirect environmental impacts associated with the use of fluid couplings in certain applications:
- Energy Efficiency: As discussed earlier, fluid couplings can improve energy efficiency in power transmission systems. By reducing energy wastage and optimizing torque transmission, they indirectly contribute to lower energy consumption. Energy efficiency is crucial in industries where high power consumption may have environmental implications due to increased energy demand from power plants.
- Maintenance Practices: Regular maintenance is essential to ensure optimal performance and longevity of fluid couplings. Proper maintenance reduces the risk of leaks and other potential issues that could lead to fluid spillage. Implementing sound maintenance practices can prevent environmental contamination and contribute to sustainable operations.
- Fluid Selection: The choice of fluid used in the coupling can impact the environment. While most fluid couplings use environmentally safe hydraulic fluids, it is essential to ensure that the selected fluid complies with environmental regulations and does not pose any environmental hazards if accidentally released.
- End-of-Life Disposal: At the end of their lifecycle, fluid couplings may need to be disposed of properly. The recycling or disposal of fluid couplings should follow local environmental regulations to minimize any potential environmental impact.
Overall, fluid couplings themselves are not a significant source of environmental concerns. Still, it is essential to consider their indirect impacts, such as energy efficiency, maintenance practices, fluid selection, and end-of-life disposal, to ensure responsible and environmentally conscious use.
editor by CX 2023-10-03