Stainless Steel Coupling Gear Rigid Roller Chain Fluid Tyre Grid Jaw Spider HRC Nm Motor Flange Gear Pump Rubber Spline Shaft Flexible Universal Joint Coupling
Coupling refers to a device that connects 2 shafts or shafts and rotating parts, rotates together during the transmission of motion and power, and does not disengage under normal conditions. Sometimes it is also used as a safety device to prevent the connected parts from bearing excessive load, which plays the role of overload protection.
Couplings can be divided into rigid couplings and flexible couplings.
Rigid couplings do not have buffering property and the ability to compensate the relative displacement of 2 axes. It is required that the 2 axes be strictly aligned. However, such couplings are simple in structure, low in manufacturing cost, convenient in assembly and disassembly, and maintenance, which can ensure that the 2 axes are relatively neutral, have large transmission torque, and are widely used. Commonly used are flange coupling, sleeve coupling and jacket coupling.
Flexible coupling can also be divided into flexible coupling without elastic element and flexible coupling with elastic element. The former type only has the ability to compensate the relative displacement of 2 axes, but cannot cushion and reduce vibration. Common types include slider coupling, gear coupling, universal coupling and chain coupling; The latter type contains elastic elements. In addition to the ability to compensate the relative displacement of 2 axes, it also has the functions of buffering and vibration reduction. However, due to the strength of elastic elements, the transmitted torque is generally inferior to that of flexible couplings without elastic elements. Common types include elastic sleeve pin couplings, elastic pin couplings, quincunx couplings, tire type couplings, serpentine spring couplings, spring couplings, etc
1) Mobility. The movability of the coupling refers to the ability to compensate the relative displacement of 2 rotating components. Factors such as manufacturing and installation errors between connected components, temperature changes during operation and deformation under load all put CHINAMFG requirements for mobility. The movable performance compensates or alleviates the additional load between shafts, bearings, couplings and other components caused by the relative displacement between rotating components.
(2) Buffering. For the occasions where the load is often started or the working load changes, the coupling shall be equipped with elastic elements that play the role of cushioning and vibration reduction to protect the prime mover and the working machine from little or no damage.
(3) Safe, reliable, with sufficient strength and service life.
(4) Simple structure, easy to assemble, disassemble and maintain.
How to select the appropriate coupling type
The following items should be considered when selecting the coupling type.
1. The size and nature of the required transmission torque, the requirements for buffering and damping functions, and whether resonance may occur.
2. The relative displacement of the axes of the 2 shafts is caused by manufacturing and assembly errors, shaft load and thermal expansion deformation, and relative movement between components.
3. Permissible overall dimensions and installation methods, and necessary operating space for assembly, adjustment and maintenance. For large couplings, they should be able to be disassembled without axial movement of the shaft.
In addition, the working environment, service life, lubrication, sealing, economy and other conditions should also be considered, and a suitable coupling type should be selected by referring to the characteristics of various couplings.
If you cannot determine the type, you can contact our professional engineer
Main production equipment:
Large lathe, surface grinder, milling machine, gear shaper, spline milling machine, horizontal broaching machine, gear hobbing machine, shaper, slotting machine, bench drilling machine, radial drilling machine, boring machine, band sawing machine, horizontal lathe, end milling machine, crankshaft grinder, CNC milling machine, casting equipment, etc.
Dynamic balance tester, high-speed intelligent carbon and sulfur analyzer, Blochon optical hardness tester, Leeb hardness tester, magnetic yoke flaw detector, special detection, modular fixture (self-made), etc.
Application – Photos from our partner customers
Our leading products are mechanical transmission basic parts – couplings, mainly including universal couplings, drum gear couplings, elastic couplings and other 3 categories of more than 30 series of varieties. It is widely used in metallurgical steel rolling, wind power, hydropower, mining, engineering machinery, petrochemical, lifting, paper making, rubber, rail transit, shipbuilding and marine engineering and other industries.
Our factory takes the basic parts of national standards as the benchmark, has more than 40 years of coupling production experience, takes “scientific management, pioneering and innovation, ensuring quality and customer satisfaction” as the quality policy, and aims to continuously provide users with satisfactory products and services. The production is guided by reasonable process, and the ISO9001:2015 quality management system standard is strictly implemented. We adhere to the principle of continuous improvement and innovation of coupling products. In recent years, it has successfully developed 10 national patent products such as SWF cross shaft universal coupling, among which the double cross shaft universal joint has won the national invention patent, SWF cross shaft universal coupling has won the new product award of China’s general mechanical parts coupling industry and the ZHangZhoug Province new product science and technology project.
Our factory has strong technical force, excellent process equipment, complete professional production equipment, perfect detection means, excellent after-sales service, various products and complete specifications. At the same time, we can provide the design and manufacturing of special non-standard products according to the needs of users. Our products sell well at home and abroad, and are trusted by the majority of users. We sincerely welcome friends from all walks of life at home and abroad to visit and negotiate for common development.p
Noise and Vibration Issues with Fluid Couplings
Fluid couplings are generally designed to operate smoothly and quietly, but certain factors may lead to noise or vibration issues in some cases:
- Imbalanced Components: If the components of the fluid coupling, such as the impeller and runner, are not balanced properly, it can result in vibrations during operation. Regular maintenance and balancing can help mitigate this issue.
- High Operating Speeds: At high speeds, fluid couplings can generate more noise and vibration due to increased fluid turbulence. Using damping techniques or selecting appropriate coupling types can help reduce these effects.
- Fluid Level: Incorrect fluid levels in the coupling can lead to inadequate lubrication and cause noise during operation. Regularly checking and maintaining the fluid level can prevent such problems.
- Misalignment: Misalignment between the driving and driven shafts can result in increased noise and vibration. Proper alignment during installation is essential to avoid this issue.
- Fluid Characteristics: The choice of fluid can also impact noise and vibration levels. Using fluids with appropriate viscosity and lubricating properties can help achieve smoother and quieter operation.
- Aging or Contaminated Fluids: Over time, the fluid in the coupling may degrade or become contaminated, leading to increased friction and noise. Regular fluid replacement and maintenance can prevent this problem.
Addressing noise and vibration issues with fluid couplings involves proper installation, regular maintenance, and using high-quality components and fluids. Consulting with manufacturers or experts can help identify and resolve any specific noise or vibration concerns in the power transmission system.
Fluid Coupling’s Handling of Load Changes during Operation
Fluid couplings are designed to efficiently handle changes in load conditions during operation, providing smooth and controlled power transmission. Here’s how fluid couplings accomplish this:
1. Torque Sensing: Fluid couplings are torque-sensitive devices. As the load on the driving side varies, the torque transmitted through the fluid coupling adjusts accordingly. When the load increases, the fluid coupling allows for some slip between the input and output sides, absorbing the excess torque. Conversely, when the load decreases, the fluid coupling reduces slip and transmits more torque, accommodating the new load conditions.
2. Load Distribution: In multi-drive systems, fluid couplings help to distribute the load evenly among connected equipment. When one machine experiences a higher load, the fluid coupling redistributes torque to prevent overloading of a specific component, ensuring a balanced power distribution.
3. Smooth Power Transmission: Fluid couplings offer a smooth and gradual transmission of power, even during load changes. Unlike mechanical clutches or direct couplings, fluid couplings provide a dampening effect, reducing shock loads and torsional vibrations when the load fluctuates. This minimizes stress on the connected machinery and enhances overall system reliability.
4. Soft Start and Stop: One of the significant advantages of fluid couplings is their ability to facilitate soft start and stop operations. During startup, the fluid coupling allows for controlled slip, gradually increasing the speed of the driven equipment. Similarly, during shutdown, the fluid coupling smoothly decelerates the connected machinery, preventing sudden stops that could cause damage or excessive wear.
5. Overload Protection: In situations where the load surpasses the rated capacity, the fluid coupling acts as an overload protector. By slipping and absorbing excess torque, it prevents damage to the connected equipment and the fluid coupling itself. This overload protection contributes to the safety and longevity of the entire system.
6. Automatic Adjustment: Fluid couplings automatically adjust to variations in load conditions without the need for manual intervention. This feature makes them suitable for applications with changing load demands, such as conveyors, crushers, pumps, and fans.
Overall, the ability of fluid couplings to handle changes in load conditions ensures stable and efficient power transmission while protecting the machinery from abrupt stress and wear. This makes fluid couplings an excellent choice for various industrial applications that require reliable and flexible power transfer.
Selecting the Right Size of Fluid Coupling for Your Application
To ensure optimal performance and efficiency, it’s essential to choose the right size of fluid coupling for a specific application. Here are the key steps in the selection process:
- Identify the Application Requirements: Understand the torque and power requirements of your application. Determine the maximum torque and power that the fluid coupling needs to transmit to meet the operational demands of the machinery or equipment.
- Check the Speed Range: Consider the speed range of your application. Ensure that the fluid coupling can operate effectively within the desired speed range, providing adequate torque transfer across the entire speed spectrum.
- Consider the Fluid Coupling Type: Choose the appropriate type of fluid coupling based on the specific needs of your application. Hydrodynamic fluid couplings are suitable for applications requiring smooth and gradual torque transmission, while constant-fill fluid couplings are more suitable for applications where some slip is acceptable.
- Calculate the Service Factor: Determine the service factor, which accounts for any additional loads or impacts the fluid coupling may experience during operation. Multiply the maximum torque requirement by the service factor to obtain the design torque.
- Refer to Manufacturer Data: Consult the manufacturer’s data sheets and specifications for various fluid coupling models. Compare the design torque with the torque capacity of different fluid coupling sizes to find the most suitable match for your application.
- Consider Safety Margins: It’s advisable to apply safety margins to ensure reliable operation. Select a fluid coupling with a torque capacity higher than the calculated design torque to account for potential variations in load or operating conditions.
- Verify Space Constraints: Ensure that the selected fluid coupling fits within the available space in your machinery or equipment, considering any installation restrictions or dimensional limitations.
By following these steps and carefully evaluating the requirements of your specific application, you can select the right size of fluid coupling that will deliver optimal performance, efficiency, and reliability.
editor by CX 2023-10-21