|Product Name||1/4″(6.4mm) Hose Barbed Plastic Connector to Non-Valved Female Body Fitting POM Quick Connect Couplings for Fluid Control System|
|Usage||Standard flow quick-disconnect couplings require a body and an insert in the same flow size. Plug insert into body to connect fitting and easily disconnect the fitting by simply press the thumb latch.|
|Application||medical devices, laboratory, life science, biopharmaceutical, biochemical analysis, bioengineering, circulating water cooling pipe system, water treatment and disinfection, food&beverage, packaging machinery, industrial and hundreds of other applications;|
|Seal Ring Material||Buna-N/FKM/EPDM/Silicone rubber, depend on your usage|
|Valve Spring||316 Stainless Steel|
|Temperature Range||32°F – 180°F (0°C – 82°C)|
|Pressure Range||Vacuum to 100 psi, 6.9bar|
|Valve Option||Valved(shut off) or Non-valved (straight through)|
|Shape Option||Panel Mount/In-line/Elbow/NPT Threaded;|
|Hose Barb Size||1/16″ =1.6mm (01); 1/8″= 3.2mm (02); 3/16″= 4.8mm (03);
1/4″=6.4mm (04); 5/16″=8mm (05); 3/8″=9.6mm (06);
|Threaded End||1/8″-27NPT, 1/4″-18NPT Male Thread|
1/4″ Flow rate, 1/4″(6.4mm), 5/16″(8mm),3/8″(9.5mm) Hose Barb Coupling
Related Products You May Like
1/4″ Flow Rate All Plastic Series Couplings
1/8″ Flow Rate Medium Series Couplings
1/16″ Flow Rate Small Series Couplings
Q1: Are you trading company or manufacturer?
A1: We are 15 years factory. Welcome to visit our factory.
Q2:What is your sample policy?
1. Only for terminal manufacturer;
2. Please kindly provide detail information of company for sample application process. Sample is available after confirmed and approved by management;
3.The international freight cost should be paid by the applicant;
Q3:What is your terms of payment?
A3: 100% payment before delivery; T/T 50% as deposit when mass customization, the balance before shipment.
Q4: How about your delivery time?
A4: Generally, it will take about 7-15 days after payment confirmed. The specific delivery time depends on the items and the ordered quantity .
Q5:What’s the shipping way?
A5: Usually by DHL, UPS, TNT, FedEx express or as your request.
Q6: Can you produce according to the samples?
A6: Yes, we can produce by your samples or technical drawings. We accept ODM & OEM.
Fluid Couplings in Conjunction with Electric Motors
Yes, fluid couplings can be used in conjunction with electric motors to provide a reliable and efficient power transmission solution. When coupled with an electric motor, the fluid coupling serves as a mechanical torque converter, enabling smooth start-ups and gradual acceleration of the driven load.
The combination of a fluid coupling and an electric motor offers several advantages:
- Soft Start: When the electric motor is switched on, it accelerates gradually as the fluid coupling allows the torque to build up slowly. This soft start feature reduces mechanical stress on the driven equipment and minimizes the impact on the electrical supply, preventing voltage drops and surges.
- Overload Protection: Fluid couplings can automatically disengage when the load exceeds a certain threshold, providing overload protection to both the motor and the driven equipment. This feature helps prevent damage to the system during abrupt load changes or stall conditions.
- Vibration Damping: The fluid in the coupling acts as a damping medium, reducing vibration and shock loads during start-ups and sudden load changes. This contributes to smoother operation and extends the lifespan of the connected machinery.
- Energy Efficiency: By facilitating soft start and controlling torque transmission, fluid couplings improve the energy efficiency of the system. They reduce the inrush current during start-up, which can lead to significant energy savings in the long run.
- Variable Speed Control: In some configurations, fluid couplings can be combined with Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs) to provide variable speed control. The VFD regulates the speed of the electric motor, while the fluid coupling ensures smooth and controlled power transmission to the driven equipment.
Overall, the combination of a fluid coupling with an electric motor is a versatile solution that finds applications in various industries. It allows for reliable and controlled power transmission, protecting both the motor and the driven equipment while improving system efficiency.
Fluid Coupling’s Handling of Load Changes during Operation
Fluid couplings are designed to efficiently handle changes in load conditions during operation, providing smooth and controlled power transmission. Here’s how fluid couplings accomplish this:
1. Torque Sensing: Fluid couplings are torque-sensitive devices. As the load on the driving side varies, the torque transmitted through the fluid coupling adjusts accordingly. When the load increases, the fluid coupling allows for some slip between the input and output sides, absorbing the excess torque. Conversely, when the load decreases, the fluid coupling reduces slip and transmits more torque, accommodating the new load conditions.
2. Load Distribution: In multi-drive systems, fluid couplings help to distribute the load evenly among connected equipment. When one machine experiences a higher load, the fluid coupling redistributes torque to prevent overloading of a specific component, ensuring a balanced power distribution.
3. Smooth Power Transmission: Fluid couplings offer a smooth and gradual transmission of power, even during load changes. Unlike mechanical clutches or direct couplings, fluid couplings provide a dampening effect, reducing shock loads and torsional vibrations when the load fluctuates. This minimizes stress on the connected machinery and enhances overall system reliability.
4. Soft Start and Stop: One of the significant advantages of fluid couplings is their ability to facilitate soft start and stop operations. During startup, the fluid coupling allows for controlled slip, gradually increasing the speed of the driven equipment. Similarly, during shutdown, the fluid coupling smoothly decelerates the connected machinery, preventing sudden stops that could cause damage or excessive wear.
5. Overload Protection: In situations where the load surpasses the rated capacity, the fluid coupling acts as an overload protector. By slipping and absorbing excess torque, it prevents damage to the connected equipment and the fluid coupling itself. This overload protection contributes to the safety and longevity of the entire system.
6. Automatic Adjustment: Fluid couplings automatically adjust to variations in load conditions without the need for manual intervention. This feature makes them suitable for applications with changing load demands, such as conveyors, crushers, pumps, and fans.
Overall, the ability of fluid couplings to handle changes in load conditions ensures stable and efficient power transmission while protecting the machinery from abrupt stress and wear. This makes fluid couplings an excellent choice for various industrial applications that require reliable and flexible power transfer.
Key Components of a Fluid Coupling and Their Functions
A fluid coupling consists of several essential components that work together to transfer torque and facilitate smooth power transmission. The key components and their functions are as follows:
- Impeller: The impeller is the primary input element of the fluid coupling. It is directly connected to the driving shaft and rotates with it. The impeller’s function is to churn and circulate the fluid inside the coupling, creating a flow that generates a hydrodynamic torque.
- Runner/Turbine: The runner, also known as the turbine, is the output element of the fluid coupling. It is connected to the driven shaft and rotates with it. As the fluid from the impeller flows onto the runner, it causes the runner to rotate and transmit torque to the driven load.
- Fluid: The fluid, typically hydraulic oil, is the medium that transmits torque from the impeller to the runner. It fills the space between the impeller and the runner and allows the torque transfer to take place through hydrodynamic action.
- Filler Plug: The filler plug is used to add or drain the fluid from the fluid coupling. It allows for the adjustment of fluid levels, which can influence the coupling’s performance characteristics.
- Seal Ring: The seal ring prevents the fluid from leaking out of the fluid coupling and ensures that the coupling operates with maximum efficiency and minimal losses.
- Bearing: The bearing provides support for the input and output shafts, allowing them to rotate smoothly. Bearings are critical for maintaining alignment and reducing friction within the fluid coupling.
These key components work together to create a hydrodynamic torque transfer, enabling the fluid coupling to smoothly transmit power and torque from the driving shaft to the driven shaft without any physical contact between the two shafts.
editor by CX 2023-10-16